- I teach weekly horn lessons using a variety of etude books and methods, depending on the age/level of the student. Certain solos and techniques are fundamental to horn playing, and will absolutely be covered at the appropriate time.
- Some of my current students participate in groups such as MYSO, church-led brass choirs and other chamber ensembles. Music for upcoming performances typically takes precedence over regular lesson material; the beauty of holding weekly lessons is that there will be time to get to it all!
- Are you/your student ready for horn lessons? Click here to fill out a quick questionnaire.
“My daughter Amelia began taking horn lessons with Allison in June of 2015 as a way to keep her playing over the summer. Amelia returned to Allison for lessons again in the summer of 2016 and has been with her ever since. Allison uses her skills and knowledge as a professional musician to continually challenge Amelia and expose her to many types of music. With Allison’s help and dedication Amelia has received a gold medal on a class A solo, and is currently first chair in the Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra (MYSO) Wind Ensemble.
Allison uses an online system which makes it very easy to see her availability when we need to change a lesson time due to other commitments.
We would recommend Allison to anyone looking for a horn teacher. Her knowledge, passion and dedication to her students is unparalleled.”
-Christy from Milwaukee
My Performance Background:
- Typically when I’m hired to play horn, it’s with my quintet. There is info on our website regarding how to book Avec le Bois Woodwind Quintet.
- In recent years I have performed with the Menomonee Falls Symphony Orchestra, Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra and Concord Chamber Orchestra.
To find out if we’re a good fit for lessons, send me a message. I’ll respond with specifics.
“When we began searching for a horn teacher for our son, we interviewed several instructors. We kept coming back to Allison. We were very impressed with her education, professional musicianship and obvious passion for music. She has a caring demeanor but also does a wonderful job of holding the student accountable for his learning and practice. She seamlessly incorporates music theory and history into her lessons which yields not only a strong performer, but a well rounded and knowledgeable musician.
Perhaps most impressive was the way she would continually assess, adjust and individualize her instruction. Our son progressed very rapidly through the school curriculum. Allison was able to challenge him with literature and performance opportunities that were commensurate with his ability and needs.
To this day, he continues to strive and push himself musically. I know this is due, in large part, to the confidence, knowledge and passion Allison helped to instill in him from the very beginning. We are eternally grateful for her mentorship and instruction and recommend her highly without reservation!”
-Kathy from Elm Grove